Terms of Service
Date of Last Revision: 28 September 2022
One Good Kiwi is an online fundraising platform that is owned and operated by Vodafone New Zealand Limited, (below, we’ll refer to this as One Good Kiwi, We, Us or Our). Charities feature on the One Good Kiwi website and the One Good Kiwi app (Platforms) and you can use tokens to vote for these Charities to give them a percentage of $100,000 of Our money.
These Terms describe the services that We provide for You and what we require of You in return when you use the Platforms.
1. USING ONE GOOD KIWIAccessing onegoodkiwi.nz does not require any form of registering.
Accessing One Good Kiwi app requires registration. To register, You must provide Us with true and accurate information, and we’ll only request information from you that is reasonable to run Our Platform. This includes information to register on the Platforms, set up a One Good Kiwi account and allow Us to record any amounts donated to a Charity. It is Your responsibility to update Your details as they change from time to time.
You are responsible for keeping personal login information safe, private and secure at all times. We may take security measures, including suspending or locking Your One Good Kiwi Account if We suspect any malicious activity or unauthorised access.
2. DONATION PROCESS We will give $100,000 each month (currently guaranteed for 2022 and 2023) to Charities We select to feature on One Good Kiwi.
The amount the Charities receive is either:
A minimum share of 10%
Each month, 10% of $100,000 will be divided evenly between all featured Charities. The Charity is not required to do anything to receive this share, as We want each Charity that participates on One Good Kiwi to receive a donation from Us.
Public token voting
The remaining 90% of $100,000 will be divided and given to the featured Charities based on how many tokens they receive from You in that month. Anyone can give a token to a Charity featured on the website onegoodkiwi.nz or One Good Kiwi app. If You give a token by Giving (swiping or flicking) it to a Charity, We will use that token as a percentage share of the 90% of $100,000.
3. CHARITY ACCESS TO DONATIONS The percentage share of the 90% of $100,000 donation will be batched and processed (less the Service Fee) to the relevant Charity the month following that the Charity is featured on One Good Kiwi.
4. USE OF DONATIONSWe rely on the good faith of all Charities to do what they say they are going to do on the Platforms. We are not responsible for ensuring that Charities use donations or Gifts in any particular way and We cannot guarantee that donations will be applied for a particular purpose.
If You are a User and You are dissatisfied with how a Charity has used any donation made through One Good Kiwi, You should raise this directly with the Charity or contact One Good Kiwi directly via the Contact Us section.
If a Charity has breached it’s terms or the Code of Conduct, We can remove it from the Platforms without notice.
5. NO WARRANTIESWe will use reasonable efforts to maintain the Platform, but We do not guarantee their continuous operation.
We do not provide any further warranties in relation to the Platforms, and exclude any additional warranties to the extent allowed by law.
6. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND WHAT COMPENSATION WE WILL PAY You have statutory rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Nothing in these Terms will limit Your rights under that Act, unless We are legally entitled to do so. If You use Our services or the Platforms for business purposes, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply.
All other types of liability (including loss of profits or business) are excluded to the extent permitted under New Zealand law. In particular, We are not responsible for any information given by Us or contained on Our platform in relation to the accounting, tax or financial consequences of making a donation or using the Platforms to fundraise.
In the event We are liable to You, Our maximum liability to You under these terms, however caused, is limited to the funds donated by You or received by You as a beneficiary (as applicable).
7. DISPUTES OR COMPLAINTS If You have a dispute with Us or a complaint about Our Platforms, We would like the opportunity to resolve this with You amicably. Please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Good Kiwi always seeks to provide You with the highest level of service. If for any reason we do not meet your expectations, please contact us. We aim to resolve all disputes as soon as they are brought to our attention, as quickly and fairly as possible. If we are unable to do so, we will set out for you the steps we will take to find a solution and the timeframe in which you can expect the matter to be resolved. You may contact us to make a complaint by email via email@example.com.
8. GENERAL We might make changes to Our Terms, and we’ll post these on the Platforms, including when we made the change. If You have any queries or concerns in relation to Our Terms, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any provision in these Terms is held invalid, then such provision (to the extent it is invalid) is deemed severed from these Terms, and the remainder shall not be affected.
New Zealand law applies to these Terms and You agree that the New Zealand courts will hear any claim brought under these Terms.
Code of Conduct This Code of Conduct applies to all Users, including browsing visitors, and sets out Our expectations in relation to use of the One Good Kiwi Platforms.
When You use One Good Kiwi for any purpose You agree to:
- abide by the Terms and this Code of Conduct;
- Our right to actively monitor and engage with Users as described in the Terms;
- cooperate in all interactions with Our service team and other representatives;
- respect the role of One Good Kiwi as the enabler of raising donations on behalf of charities as a public service, not a regulator of charitable purpose in New Zealand;
- respect the freedom of all One Good Kiwi Users;
- not engage in any conduct in relation to the Platforms that violates laws (including privacy laws), rules, or regulations;
- not to use Our intellectual property (e.g. trade marks, visual content and/or copyright) or assert any rights in any of Our intellectual property without Our prior consent. Enquiries and permission requests may be sent to email@example.com; and
- immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the legitimacy of a Charity featured on One Good Kiwi is in doubt.